Q: Can you smoke at Perfect Ash?
A: Yes, but with exceptions. We are a cigar and pipe shop. Our primary role is selling cigars and pipe tobacco, but we also have a lounge area available to our customers. In the lounge area, SAMPLING is allowed. To enjoy your cigar in our establishment, you must buy the cigar from our humidor. Therefore you won’t be smoking but sampling the product you buy from us. We do not allow our customers to smoke products purchased elsewhere.
Cigarette smoking and vaping are not allowed at Perfect Ash.
Q: Can I bring cigars that I bought online or at another cigar shop and smoke them at Perfect Ash?
A: No. Customers are only allowed by law to SAMPLE products purchased at Perfect Ash. We do not charge a cutting fee.
Q: Is there an age requirement to buy tobacco products at Perfect Ash?
A: Yes. Customers need to be 21 years or older to purchase tobacco products and to sample them at Perfect Ash.
Q: Do I need to bring my cutter and lighter?
A: No. You are welcome to use your cutters and lighters if you desire. Perfect Ash provides accessories for your use during your stay.
Q: Can I bring in and drink alcoholic beverages at Perfect Ash?
A: No. Due to the MN Clean Air Act and the regulations of the City of Inver Grove Heights, alcohol consumption and or display is prohibited at Perfect Ash. We offer water and soda for purchase, and you can also bring in coffee or any non-alcoholic drink to enjoy during your stay. Still, absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises.
Q: Do you sell food at Perfect Ash?
A: No. You are welcome to bring in food to enjoy during your stay. Pop and water are available for purchase.
Q: Do you have internet access and cable?
A: Yes. We have free wi-fi and five TV screens where you can enjoy the programming of your choice.
Q: Do you have parking available?
A: Yes. We have plenty of free parking available right in front of our store.
Q: How can I know about upcoming events and promotions?
A: You can subscribe to our mailing list on this website. You can also subscribe by texting PERFECTASH to 22828. Finally, you can follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) for our latest updates, or click on the “Events” tab on this website for our calendar of upcoming events.
Q: How do I choose the right cigar for me?
A: Our friendly and knowledgable staff will be delighted to help you find the right cigar for you. If you are new to cigars or new to Perfect Ash, or even if you are looking to find something new to try, it’s essential to ask questions to ensure we help you select the best option. The more information you provide and the more questions you ask, the better the service you’ll receive.
Here are a few factors to consider when asking for help selecting a cigar:
- Time. How long do you want to spend smoking the cigar? 30 minutes? An hour? Two hours? Knowing how much time you have to enjoy the cigar will help our tobacconists decide what size and shape of the cigar to recommend.
- Strength. New cigar smokers should start with a mild-bodied cigar before progressing into medium or full-bodied cigars. However, if you have a preference or are a seasoned cigar smoker, be sure to tell the tobacconist what strength you prefer.
- Region and Type. If you have enjoyed individual cigars from a specific country or cigars made of a particular type of tobacco, mention those preferences so that we can direct you towards the best option.
- Cigars Enjoyed or Disliked in the Past. If you have enjoyed specific cigars or disliked others, mention those in hopes of finding a suitable recommendation.
- Flavor. The flavor profile of the cigar is the most enjoyable and fun part of the smoking experience. Rather than merely saying, “I like a spicy cigar,” try to analyze the flavor profiles you enjoy to give our tobacconist a clearer perspective of what type of cigar you might want to pick. Here are a few flavors worth mentioning that you like or don’t like:
- Cocoa, milk chocolate and dark chocolate
- Toffee, caramel, vanilla, molasses, syrup, and honey
- Coffee, espresso, roasted beans, café au lait
- Cherry, citrus, pineapple, raisins, plums, prunes, and other dried fruits.
- Cedar, Oak, and other woods
- Smoke or Charcoal
- Anise, cumin, cloves, black or white pepper, cinnamon, cardamon
- Almonds, walnuts, cashews, marzipan, hazelnuts, and other nuts
The most important thing to keep in mind when asking for help is, to be honest. There is no right or wrong answer when picking a cigar. The only thing that matters is that you enjoy it, and the only way your tobacconist can point you in the right direction is if you’re honest about what you like and dislike. We want you to have the best experience every time you “light up.”